IRC Reviews /
IRC programs /
Microsoft Windows /
Here is what the Chocoa web page says:
CHOCOA is an Internet Relay Chat (IRC) client system for Windows 95/98/NT(3.51 or later).
You can enjoy chatting with others on CHOCOA as you work or your computer or browse the Web.
CHOCOA main features are as follows:
- RFC1459 compatible.
- and supports IRCnet's safe channels(! channels)
- Intuitive singe-window interface
- Integrated with WWW browsers.
- You can automatically launch your browser from any Web Page address that is sent within a chat message.
- Any and all Web Page addresses that were posted during chat session - along with the corresponding content - can be saved to HTML format.
- With a click of a button you can automatically post the Web Page address that you are browsing.
- Chocoa client supports Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator and Spyglass Mosaic.
- Integrated with Internet Phone
- Chocoa automatically launches VocalTec's Internet Phone (version 3.2 or later) by specifying the nickname of the remote user.
- Integrated with NetMeeting
- Chocoa automatically launches NetMeeting (version 2.0 or later) by specifying the nickname of the remote user.
- Notification function
- When a specified keyword appears in a chat, Chocoa notifies you by beeping, displaying the keyword in bold-type or popping up a window.
- By highlighting a keyword, the immediate past conversation of that keyword is automatically displayed
- File Transfer
- Files can be sent between IRC users by using the DCC feature.